Friday, November 13, 2009

Runs Like a Ninja

A good friend of mine brought his wife and 3 girls to our softball game the other night. It was a double header night, the weather was cool and comfortable, fun was had by all (we won both games). During the night I had a couple of opportunities to run most of the way around the bases as I or someone else hit a long ball. I tell you this not because I want kudos for extra base hits or anything, but, to setup the comments I heard later. In between games we sat on the bleachers with Dave's family. We were all talking, resting and enjoying the night. At one point my buddy gets my attention and tells me that one his daughters commented on my running style. Fearing the worst I turned and listened only to hear, "he runs like a ninja." Knowing how much more likely a 'lightly mocking comment' would have been from a teenager it truly made this compliment a little bigger in my eyes. Now this 47 year old wannabe athlete can smile and bask in the glow of..."He runs like a Ninja"....

1 comment:

NancyJ said...

But...could a pirate beat a ninja??? Daniel and Elizabeth will have the answer from their wedding...