Sunday, March 14, 2010

Invisible God Cloud

In the process of trying to figure out how to stay focused on God throughout the day I had to work through several ideas. I think we need to try and be in constant contact or at least acknowledgment of God each day. In the process of this I had to define, for myself the attributes of the 3-part God, Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

I am not a theologian by any stretch of imagination so when one of the BIG questions occurs to me I have to rely on my own inner voice to find my answer or at least, find the beginning of the answer. One of those questions, for me, is trying to define God's Omnipresence, or more easily, God's ability to be everywhere, all the time. Trying to wrap my pointed little head around that one has led to several late nights lying awake in bed or several afternoons staring into space with a blank look on my face. The image I finally came up with to allow me sleep and less drooling was of the Invisible God Cloud.

This Cloud (IGC from now on) represents, in my mind, how God can be everywhere, all the time. He, or part of Him is an invisible cloud of Presence that stretches throughout the Universe. This allows him to be on top of all goings on here on our little speck or in one of the far galaxies a billion light years away. This also lends itself to seeing at least in a small way how He could also be Omniscient (all knowing). He is everywhere and knows what is happening everywhere so how easy would it be to then, know EVERYTHING. In fact, what if we already have scientific proof that this is the case. Scientist believe that all the empty space in the universe is actually filled up with Dark Matter. A theoretical substance that would exist everywhere throughout the Universe and PERHAPS, between the spaces in OUR atoms as well. Perhaps this is an indicator or the very real presence of God throughout the Universe. I realize none of this is new or especially brilliant but it helps me get a bit of a handle on understanding my God and gives me a starting point to another question. How do we stay in constant communion with God every day?

No comments: